Current Challenge

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Hey everyone 
Jessi here from My Life in Arts n Crafts! 

For my project today I used the Baby Block Unicorn 
I created an offset of .250 to get a seam allowance. I did design the project in Silhouette and then used my Cricut maker to cut it out. I LOVE my cricut maker. 

I used a fat quarter in a pretty galaxy print and some Avery dark transfer material. DONT mirror with this stuff this stuff you don't mirror I cant say that enough!! 
Now I did fight with my sewing machine a bit, I'm still trying to get the whole sewing thing down... apparently that doesn't come naturally to me like it did my mother 

I recommend pressing your fabric, sewing it inside out, pressing it again, than putting the transfer on then pressing from the back... I tried to turn mine after putting the transfer on and found I stitched through part.... but meh I'm giving it to a small child she won't care either way. I did add a ribbon loop also so that it has a finger handle or hang keys on it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment